These burgers are great for the summer, especially at BBQ parties. They Taste great because you are seasoning meat, along with giving it flavor. I like to make all my burgers with these spices, they are always a huge hit. I made them the other day for some guests, and they loved them. You can always choose different toppings but my favorite combination is the blue cheese and onions. A trick to making great burgers is to squash them with the back of your spatula, when doing so you are letting all the juices out which calls for a dry burger.
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Prep time:35 minutes
Serving size: 8 Burgers
- 1 ½ pounds of ground beef 80% lean and 20% fat.
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- ½ an onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ a teaspoon of dry mustard
- 8 potato buns
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 tablespoons of butter separated
- blue cheese or Munster
- In a large bowl mix the spices, garlic, chopped onions, soy sauce, salt, beef, mustard and combine. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While the meat is marinating, caramelize the onions in a large pan with the 2-3 tablespoons of butter, the onions should be brown once caramelized
- Once the meat has finished marinating shape into burger patties.
- While shaping the meat heat the grill to a medium heat.
- Toast the buns on the grill and immediately butter.
- Then place the shaped patties on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, for a medium cooked burger, place some of the blue cheese on the burger and let melt until just soft.
- Transfer patties to the buttered buns and place some of the onions inside the burgers, you can serve with ketchup and mustard if wanted.