This dish is a great twist from the original chicken pot pie. It’s great comfort food after a long cold day. It is one of me and my family’s favorite dishes that is super easy and fun to make. It is perfect for a week night dinner because it does not require a lot of time or effort.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: around 50 minutes
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 3 carrots diced
- 1 ½ cups of frozen peas
- 1 pound of small baby potatoes halved
- 2 cups of yellow onion finely chopped
- 6 cups of chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 1 ½ sticks of butter
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- ½ a cup of heavy cream
- crackers preferably Flaky Rosemary Sea Salt Crackers
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Set the oven to 350°
- Place the chicken on a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil and rub with olive oil salt and pepper. cook in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes. and let cool
- Boil the baby potatoes in a big pot of water until cooked through.
- In a medium sauce pan mix the bullion cubes and the chicken stock together on low heat. seat aside.
- In a large pot or dutch oven, melt the butter and cook the onions till translucent for 10-15 minutes.
- Add in the flour and stir for 2 minutes, once combined add in the chicken stock and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then add in the salt, pepper, and heavy cream, carrots, frozen peas, potatoes, and parsley, mix well.
- Serve with crackers.