I love this recipe because it is super simple and it tastes great. It is perfect for large parties in the summer. Because this meat is super rich it pairs well with all the fresh herbs. It is super light and pairs well some a super simple salad. This recipe requires no talent and skill set so therefore anyone could easily master this dish.
Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 3 ½ hours largely unintended
For the Steak:
- ½ lemon zested and juiced
- Olive oil
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme chopped
- ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic smashed and finely chopped
- 3 hanger steaks
- In a small bowl combine the lemon, pepper, herbs, garlic, and stir, add in the olive oil until it forms a loose paste.
- Place the paste, and steak into a large ziplock bag and massage the meat for 3 minutes. Place in fridge and let marinate for 3 hours.
- Once the meat has finished marinating heat up a grill or large cast-iron pan and coat lightly with olive oil. Bring a pan to a medium heat.
- Grill or sear the steaks for 5-7 minutes on each side for a medium-well steak. Let rest for 8-10 minutes before slicing. Serve with the Chimichurri sauce.
For the sauce:
- ½ a cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of red wine vinegar
- ½ a teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- ¼ a cup of parsley finely chopped
- ¼ cup of cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano chopped
- the juice of ½ a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine all your ingredients and whisk until ingredients are fully combined and incorporated. This mixture should form a loose paste.
- Transfer to serving bowl and enjoy!