This recipe is one that comes from my aunts cook book Simply Mexican. I love this recipe because it’s super unique. It is also super fun and easy to make. It is great for any barbecue, or cookout. The grill gives it a nice smoky flavor and a different texture. It’s a great way to add soe more flavor to an everyday meal.
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 head of romaine, cut in half, length wise
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes
- 4 carrots
- ¼ of a yellow onion
- ¼ a cup of olive oil, divided
- Heat the grill to medium heat
- Trim the tops the carrots and cut length wise. Toss with two teaspoons of olive oil salt and pepper. Let sit in fridge.
- Thinly slice the onions and toss with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and well as ½ a teaspoon of sugar and pepper. Set aside.
- On a piece of 14″ aluminum foil place ½ of the tomatoes and toss them with salt, pepper and a teaspoon of olive oil. Repeat with the other half of the tomatoes. Make the aluminum foil into a pouch with the tomatoes inside. Set aside.
- Take the lettuce and cut it in half,length wise. Toss with 2 tablespoons of oil, salt and pepper. The citrus in half as well.
- Grill all the vegetables until charred, and has grill marks, except for the tomatoes place on the grill and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- transfer to a serving dish and squeeze the citrus on top. Enjoy!!!