This dessert is a nice refreshing summer dessert. I love it because it is super simple but it tastes delicious. This dessert is great for parties because you can make a lot of them in little time. They are also great because you can hold them easily in your hand. They are great for school lunches too because they are so easy to pack and kids could build them themselves.
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup of pineapple thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of raspberries
- 1/3 cup of strawberries
- 1/3 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 cup of whole mint leaves
- lime wedges for serving
- large kabob sticks
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and add the cinnamon, honey and sugar and stir on low heat.
- Once the mixture is fully combined, add the pineapple and cook until the pineapple is soft and the liquid has a caramel consistency.
- Remove the pineapple from the pan and let cool.
- Once the pineapple is cool, skewer fruit onto the stick in the order of pineapple, raspberry and mint leaf. Repeat 3 times per stick.
- Continue step 4 with the other fruits (blueberries and raspberries).
- Serve with lime wedges on a big plate.