These cookies are so fun to make with the whole family. They have everything you could possibly want in a cookie, a chewy center, crisp edge, and gooey chocolate chips😝🍪. However, the addition of salt helps cut all the fattiness of the cookie and helps all the flavors stand out. When I was inventing this recipe I was thinking about the time when I was 8 and my aunt took me to the Brooklyn smorgasbord. At one of the stands was a Chocolate chip cookie the size of my face and it had sea salt on top of it. The Cookie was the best one I have ever had and ever-since that day I have wanted to recreate my own version. There is nothing better than a warm gooey cookie and a glass of cold milk!!!🍪🤗
Cook time:7-8 minutes
Prep time: 1 ½ hours
Servings: 45 cookies
- 2¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon of fine salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup of packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 ½ sticks of butter plus more to grease the pans
- 2 eggs divided
- 1½ cups of semi-sweet chocolate Chips
- Flaky sea salt
- Sift the flour, fine salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl cream both sugars and the butter with a hand electric mixer or a kitchenAid® with the paddle attachment on medium-high speed until fluffy (4 minutes).
- Once the butter and sugar mixture is fluffy beat in the eggs one at a time and the vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low-speed slowly combine the flour mixture with the butter & sugar. Beat until fully combined.
- fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- take the dough out of the bowl and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Set the oven to 370°
- grease 5 baking sheets with butter. Drop 1 heaping tablespoon of dough or a small 1½″ ball of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart (there should be nine per sheet). Sprinkle a pinch of the flaky salt on top of each cookie. Bake until the cookies are golden around the edges but still soft in the middle, about 7-8 minutes. When the cookies first come out of the oven they will feel soft but as they cool they will harden. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool 10 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
- Transfer to serving plate and enjoy.