I love lamb chops. They are a great source of meat that are full of lots of flavor. These chops are super easy to make. They pair well with almost anything especially herbs. This recipe is perfect for serving a large crowd in the summer. And they don’t take much time of effort to cook.
Cook time: 3-4 minutes
Prep time: 2 ½ hours
servings: 4-6 people
- 2 pounds of lamb chops
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons of thyme
- 3 tablespoons of fines herbs (chives, tarragon, parsley)
- ½ a teaspoon of dry mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Cut the lamb chops so that they’re 1 bone thick
- Mix the olive oil,salt, pepper, thyme, lemon, herbs and mustard until it forms a paste.
- Rub the paste onto both sides of the lamb and let it marinate for two hours in the refrigerator.
- Once lamb is done marinating, heat up a large cast iron skillet and melt the butter.
- Place the lamb chops on the skillet for 3-5 minutes per side (6-8 minutes total).
- Remove to a tray and cover with aluminum foil for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter and enjoy.