This soup is a healthy alternative to the classic tomato soup. It also adds a protein which gives it a special sophistication. It is great on a cold day or for an easy lunch. You can make tons of this soup and it stores well in the refrigerator.
Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
- ½ a sweet onion finely chopped
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes diced
- 2 Andouille chicken sausage
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Cholula Hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream (optional)
- bread (optional)
- cook the onions in the olive oil, tomato sauce and hot sauce until translucent .
- Add in the tomatoes, water, spices, sugar and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Mean while remove the casing from the sausage and thinly slice the meat.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and cook on medium for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowl and you can serve with bread and sour cream if wanted.