This dish is an easy and healthier alternative to the classic taco. It is full of vegetables and protein. It’s so fun to make with the whole family. You can put different toppings on the tacos according to what you like.
Cook time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 sweet onion finely chopped
- 2 green bell peppers diced
- 1 beefsteak tomato diced
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- ½ a teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 40 oz of ground turkey
- 8.5 oz of tomato sauce
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sweat the onion in the oil until translucent.
- Add in the peppers and let cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the turkey, spices, tomato and stir.
- Cook covered on high for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and stir.
- Let cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Shredded cheese
- Shredded red cabbage
- Sour cream
- Summer Salsa
- Tortilla shells
- Place a tortilla shell on the plate the smear the salsa on the bottom.
- Spoon on the meat, and the sprinkle the cheese on top,
- Then add the sour cream and the red cabbage.