This is one of our traditional appetizers for big family dinners like Thanksgiving or New Year’s Eve. It is very flavorful and fun to share. It is filling so it is good to have while you are waiting for other food to cook. We like small crackers to accompany it.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 6 table spoons of walnuts, roughly chopped
- honey to drizzle
- crackers to serve
- honeycomb (optional but HIGHLY recommended)
- 1 pound of wild mushrooms cleaned and sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 table spoon of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set the oven to 400
- If using the mushrooms, sauté them while Brie is in oven with the olive oil, butter, salt and pepper until limp. Set aside and let cool.
- In a sheet pan, scatter the walnuts and put them in the oven until golden-brown/ brown. Set aside and let cool. Once cool, mix with mushrooms.
- Place the brie on the same sheet pan and cook for 2o minutes or until warm and super soft.
- Place the brie on a serving dish and drizzle with honey. Then add the mushrooms and the walnuts on top. Place the crackers and honey comb on the side. Enjoy!!!